A Simple Gesture: Tips for Fundraising at Charity Events
Have a Facebook business page for your organization? You can easily add a call-to-action button that will help drive people from Facebook to take actions that are important to your business. This is easy to set up and best of all – free!
Follow these easy steps to set it up!
Please note, the Call to Action button is gradually being rolled out and may not be immediately available.
What action is important to your organization?
Make sure you choose the action that will drive customers where you want them to go. The button options include:
- Book Now
- Call Now
- Contact Us
- Donate Now*
- Send Message
- Use App
- Play Game
- Shop Now
- Sign Up
- Watch Video
*Available exclusively to non-profit organizations. Give your Facebook followers an easy way to donate to your organization by linking your Facebook Page directly to your event’s Donate Now form.
Want to Choose “Donate Now,” but it doesn’t show up as an option?
Make sure your Page’s category is set as “Non-Profit Organization.” To change the category:
- Click About below your Page’s cover photo
- Click Page Info in the left column
- Hover over the Category section and click Edit
- Select “Companies & Organizations” in the first dropdown menu, then select “Non-Profit Organizations” from the second dropdown menu
- Click Save Changes.
There is no limit to the number of times you can change the category of your Page.
Content taken from: https://www.facebook.com/help/222732947737668
I’m ready to go – how do I create the call to action button?
- Go to your Page’s cover photo and click Create Call to Action. If you’re already using a Call to Action button and wish to replace it with a Donate Now button, you can select Edit Call to Action.
- Choose your call to action, and enter the URL to which you want to direct your customers (i.e. if your call to action is Donate Now, direct them to your donation page). If you’re a Gesture client, you can find your event/donation link in the Help Center under Getting Started, then Event Link.
- Click Create.
Content taken from: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/694386777360892
You can track the number of people who have clicked on the button in two ways:
- Hover over your Page’s Create Call to Action button and then hover over View Insights to see how many clicks it’s received in the past seven days.
- Go to This week on the right side of your Page and then hover over the box that shows the name of your call to action to see how many people have clicked your call to action that week.
Content taken from: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/841313339254221