Go Big and Go Home: Host Your Event on Campus
There’s no better way to get in the spirit of raising funds for your school than to host your event right on campus! You can show off new school features and play up the nostalgic feeling among alumni and current/past parents that might motivate them to give a little more than planned. Let’s not forget you’ll save on cost hosting in-house.
We know planning an event can be a daunting task so here are some ideas you need to keep in mind as you begin to plan your on-campus event:
- Caterer: This is one of the most important vendors when holding an event on-campus. Finding a caterer that will also provide servers (if a plated dinner) would make your work easier.
- Bar services: Your donors will be expecting to have something to drink – both alcoholic and nonalcoholic – at your event.
- Florist/Decor: Flowers are the traditional centerpieces used at gala dinners, but buying items that you can reuse, such as decorative lanterns or vases with floating candles, would save you money in the long run. Another option is to prepare to auction or raffle off the centerpieces!
- DJ/Band: Keep your guests entertained and the atmosphere up.
- Photographer: Whether it’s a staff member or a professional photographer, you’ll want to make sure someone is there solely to capture pictures of the event.
- Designer/Printer: To design and print everything from your invitations to your event signage.
- Mobile Technology: Offer an easy way for everyone to support you from anywhere. Contact Gesture for more information!
- Servers: If the caterer does not provide servers, you may want to hire a company who will do so. To save on cost, student volunteers are always a great route.
- Lighting: Set the mood by renting an uplighting system. This will help transform your gym or cafeteria.
- AV team: If you don’t have volunteers or staff to help with your audio and visual needs, hiring a company will help make your event go off without a hitch.
- Room block at a local hotel: If you know people will be traveling for your event (i.e. reunions), book a block of rooms at a local hotel, and provide a transportation option to and from.
Learn how Gesture can help make your on-campus event a success by contacting us today!